Ir al contenido principal

The Gardener


Every day I hear the same story: there´s no coffee, there´s no cinnamon and there´s no money. Every day I see those things that are missing and I suffer from it. Why do they keep telling me the facts when it is obvious that by saying them they won´t change. I wonder if one day they will realize that I can do nothing about it, I´m just the gardener; I´ve got no money, no coffee, no cinnamon either. I can see no difference between families; they are all but one with the same worries and ambitions. All children destroy red roses and leave the yellow ones alone. Girls hide their feelings in the garden and boys look at them desperately wishing they could to the same thing.

-I´m the gardener ma´am, can do nothin´ ´bout your situation. - I have to say
-You´re so selfish, all you care of is your little bushes and roses, I don´t even care about my garden, it won´t solve any of my troubles. - They reply.

I wonder what happened to all of these people, they seem so blind to me. Tulips and roses look the same for them, smell alike and receive the same name: flower. I know that a long time ago they thought they would enjoy their magnificent grass and take smoothies under the sun while reading a book. Of course there is no need to say none of those things happened. There is no man or woman strong enough to recognize they won´t realize this idealistic dream. They wish to believe that one day will be true, and as days go by the opportunity of realizing it goes away.

They stare at the empty shelves angrily and blame people like me or you for their misfortune; they would blame anyone that looks satisfied with life no matter what.

-But ma´am, everything is ´bout the garden, look how flowers blossom. – I’d say with a soft smile in my face.
-You´re not going to tell me there’s is beauty in it, are you? – They’d say with a tone of neglect.
-Well, I´d say there is more than beauty in it ma´am. But if you don´t care ´bout the garden, why do you keep it? - My voice would sound a bit sarcastic.
-Well…I would say, you are far too curious and insolent for a gardener. Keep working… 
That´s why I can´t really pay you, you talk way too much, and I bet you do the same thing with everybody.- They´d say as they raise their voice.

Most of the time I deal with ladies, but there are some gentlemen once in a while. They 
don´t complain about neither cinnamon nor coffee (and they never talk about money unless they’ve got plenty). Gentleman don’t talk much, they worry me the most though; I´ve got to work a little bit harder so they can see the birds, butterflies, bees and dragonflies coming in and out their garden.

Every day I´ve got to bring life into their homes and every day my hands end up full of cuts and stitches. But what I really take home is a total renovation of my senses. For I have no garden of my own I take everything I can from their life. Colors, smells, textures and tastes come to me as if they were something magical. I forget everything about the empty shelves and enjoy myself in this hedonic happiness. If they could only see what I do for them, they would enjoy things the way I do. In the meantime they can keep telling me how much it hurts not to have coffee, I can live with it.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Hambre

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop Tengo las ideas desordenadas, me cuesta trabajo encontrar el inicio de mi relato. Las emociones me sobrecogen cada vez que me empeño en escribir . He maltratado mi relato y la gente que vive en él muchas veces. Pasa el tiempo y me siento menos hábil para decir lo que tengo que decir, me disculpo por adelantado ante una persona ausente por las fallas de mi narración. Imagino que esa persona es a la vez crítica literaria, escritora, poeta, historiadora, socióloga …en fin me abruma. La siento respirar sobre mi hombro y me deslegitima. He intentado estos últimos 10 años identificar el momento en el que me extravié. Cada vez me pierdo en los detalles de mis recuerdos sin jamás llegar a la esencia de mi historia. Pareciera que entre más escribo menos logro expresarme y el dolor de mis palabras se pierde. Quiero reconocer la mujer en la que me he convertido. Soy terriblemente fuerte, mucho de lo que soy hoy viene de lo que t

#YoSoy132- Chloe

"A complete victory of society will always produce some sort of "comunistic fiction," whose outstanding political characteristic is that it is indeed ruled by an "invisible hand", namely, by nobody." The Human Condition , Hannah Arendt Reflexión La vida está compuesta de vivencias, nos determina el mundo en el que vivimos y al mismo tiempo lo determinamos. No podemos comprendernos de otro modo, ni podemos explicar las cosas que nos rodean sin nuestra participación en su existencia. Somos actores, nuestras acciones desencadenan una serie de eventos peculiares en cada caso y de acuerdo con cada uno. Hablo desde mis acciones, desde las ideas que me han formado hasta ahora y el mundo que me ha moldeado. #YoSoy132 despertó a un México anestesiado. Las críticas llegaron de todas partes, así como los gritos de aliento. El despertar estudiantil no puede traer sino beneficios al país y a su gente. Nos sorprendió su espontaneidad; también sorpr

Café

 Me gusta invitarte a tomar café porque en tus manos la taza se ve bonita.  Me gusta que me despiertes por la mañana porque un "hola" tuyo nunca es el mismo. Me gusta olerte en el hueco de tu cuello y llevarte todo el día conmigo. Me gusta poder abrazarte y sentir que aún te cubro como un manto. Me gusta tenerte diario y poder amarte.